Judged by a carefully selected panel of trade experts, the results reflect a mix of restauranteurs, sommeliers, retail spirits buyers, distributors and importers to ensure awards reflect products that these experts themselves would purchase.
This year’s competition was conducted in a virtual tasting format, to ensure COVID-19 safety precautions were met. Over 1000 wines from 8 countries were submitted this year – the 8th time the competition has been run.
Some of the headline results earned by the Giesen Group include:
- NEW ZEALAND WINERY OF YEAR 2021
- DOUBLE GOLD – Giesen Organic Pinot Noir 2017 earning 96 Points
- GOLD – Ara Single Estate Sauvignon Blanc 2021 earning 95 Points
- GOLD – Giesen Uncharted Chardonnay 2020 earning 94 Points
- GOLD – Giesen Small Batch Chardonnay 2020 earning 95 Points
- GOLD – Giesen Uncharted Pinot Noir 2019 earning 95 Points
With a total of 12 wines earning over 90 points each.
These results serve to reinforce Giesen’s position as a beloved wine brand in the Australian psyche, and the winery’s ability to deliver both excellent quality and value.
AWARD-WINNING GOLD MEDAL WINES